Frequently Asked Questions

Yes that is True, for all Tax Preparers/Accountants we are now Required By Law to elctronically file tax returns we prepare and no longer submit paper returns. This law is mandated for all "individual income tax returns" but for corporate tax returns, we still have the option to file it as a "Paper Return". There are a few clauses with this requirement, if you will be taking advantage of the "First-Time" Homebuyer Credit, you will file a "Paper" return because the Settlement Papers (Hud-1 Form) must be attached with the return. If you choose not to file Electronically, there is a form available to complete that will be submitted with your tax return. And finally Yes, we do offer the E-file service to all individuals and business'. There is a $30 E-File Transmission Fee.

If you filed via "E-FILE" for direct deposit, Federal Refunds take 14-21 business days. State Refunds take 7-14 business days. If you filed via "Paper Return" for direct deposit, Federal Refunds take 30-45 business days. State Refunds take 21-30 business days. **Please advise for Direct Deposits, you must check your account from time to time, because neither Federal or State government will not give you any notice that the refund has been entered in your account. **For Paper Return filers, when mailing out your returns, do not count the day nor the next business day you've mailed out your returns, to determine how many days left to expect your refund. Please also advise that we are not responsible for mailing out your returns, nor even how your returns are handled in the mail.

Yes we now offer E-File service for Federal and all State Filings. However for those with a more complex return, we will discuss if E-File is recommended in filing your return.

No, unfortunately our firm does not offer "Rapid Refund" at the moment. We are currently in the process of making the Rapid Refund service available to you in the future. We apologize for any inconveniences.

During Tax Season which is January 23 to April 18 our office hours are: Mondays and Tuesdays 8:30am to 6pm, Wednesdays 9am to 4pm, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays 8:30am to 6pm, and Sundays 10am to 3pm. Daily Office Hours throughout the year are posted on our FB Page or Google Search Page.

Call us at (301) 248-1700/7684/6972, anyones who answers will be glad to assist you.

Unfortunately since COVID we stopped accepting walk-ins, despite most mandates being lifted, we will continue to strictly go by appointments only.

Yes, you may drop-off your tax papers at our office anytime no appointment needed, just give us a heads up that you are on your way. Or you can mail them to us, we advise that you use U.S. Priority Mail Service with delivery confirmation. When dropping off your tax papers at our office, our staff will assist you in getting your tax papers ready. **When mailing your tax papers, place a memo of any and all changes that will be made towards your tax filing, and enclosed your contact numbers with the best time we may reach you for any questions or concerns.

Yes, you can, if you are unable to personally come by to sit-down with us to do your taxes or unable to drop them off personally at our office, You may mail or e-mail your tax documents. Our Mailing Address is: 9400 Livingston Road, Suite 420, Fort Washington, MD 20744, Attention: Vicky Our E-mail Address is: For Mailing, we strongly suggest you mail your tax documents via Priority Mail Service, FedEx, or UPS. Also always include your contact information such as Telephone Numbers with the hours we may reach you, e-mail address, and mailing address.

We accept Check, Money Order, Cash, Apple and Google Pay and all Major Credit Cards (Visa, Discover, Master Card, and Amex) and PayPal. Unfortunately we don't do Debit Transactions. Please be aware that there is a $35.00 Fee for Non-Sufficient Fund Checks.

Yes, you may "Post-Date" your check payment, and if you want us to call you prior to clearing the check, we will be glad to do that, just simply inform us.

For Check Payments, it will be processed the next-business day. For Credit Card Payments, it will be processed the same-day.

We will contact you to ask if you want us to "Re-Deposit" it, and when, and send you a bill of $35.00 for the non-sufficient fund fee. But if the 2nd "Re-Deposit" fails, we will contact you to send in a replacement check, money order, cash, or credit card payment.

Simply fax or e-mail to us a copy of the notification or letter your received regarding your taxes, together with your contact information. Our Fax Number is 1-800-540-9469 available 24/7 Our E-mail Address is checked 24/7

There is only one person, and that is Ms. Vicky Angeles.

Every staff at Automated Tax and Financial Services will be able to assist in answering any of your questions, if you would like to speak directly to Ms. Vicky Angeles, she prefers that you will communicate via e-mail. E-mail her at

During Tax Season (January 23 to April 18), if she is unavailable to contact with on the phone, she can simply be reached via e-mail at All e-mails are replied the same-day. Or Leave her a voicemail, by calling (301) 248-3878 press *, Mailbox Number (301) 248-7684.

Via email is the fastest way for her to respond.

It normally takes the IRS 4-6 weeks to review and process your ITIN Application. All inquiries on the status of an application submitted by you or more than 6 weeks ago can be made by calling 1-800-829-1040 (Within the US) or 215-516-2000 (Overseas Only) or by faxing 215-516-3270 or 215-516-1171.Please have a copy of your Form W-7 Application on hand when inquiring status application. If however you receive a subsequent notice or have a problem (other than wanting a general status report) on a W-7 Application then there are two telephone lines designated for your inquiries 215-516-4173 or 215-516-3301.

If the only source of income you have is Social Security Benefits, you do not have to file, but to just be sure contact our office for more details. But if you are currently working and will aquire a W-2/1099 Form or receive Pension or Annutities at the end of the year a portion of the Social Security Benefits is taxable.